Moving Day Housewarming Gift Basket Diy
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FoamSensations #CollectiveBiasIf you’ve ever moved, you know moving is hard work! How sweet would it be to receive a super useful Housewarming basket stocked full of home tools and cleaners as well as wine and takeout menus? And if you’re helping your friend or family member move, this is the perfect gift to bring because then you know that there will be soap to wash your hands with at the new house.
I’m sure you’ve seen the super cute housewarming gift baskets like a toolbox full of tools or a colander with all of the ingredients needed for a pasta night, but I’m sharing a useful Moving Day Housewarming Gift Basket DIY. Typically, the new homeowners are so busy packing and planning that they forget to take soap, towels, paper towels, and even toilet paper to the new house which is not good news for moving days when you want to wash your hands! So I’ve put together the perfect DIY housewarming moving day basket below:
- Wine. First and foremost, the gift basket should include a bottle of wine. Why? Because moving is hard work and you need something to look forward to at the end of the day!
- Don’t forget to include a wine opener and a couple of wine glasses. The last thing the new homeowners want to do is search through all their boxes labeled with “Kitchen” to find the wine key.
- Hand soap. Why? Because moving is messy! When I move, I probably wash my hand 1o times a day. I included 3 bottles of Softsoap’s Liquid Foaming Hand Soap in their newest scents: Kitchen Citrus Bliss, Jasmine and White Cotton, and Whipped Cocoa Butter in this gift basket. Perfect for the kitchen and both bathrooms.
- Don’t forget the towels! You can include a roll of paper towels, but it might be better for the environment to include 3 simple white hand towels.
- Picture hanging kit. This might be a bit preemptive, but it comes with nails, wire, eyescrews, etc. that might come in handy.
- Screwdrivers. When you’re moving, you always need a screwdriver to take something apart and you never know where they are. So just be a friend and include two in the gift basket, both slot, and Phillips.
- Trashbags! You always accumulate so much trash or recycling when unpacking and the trash cans are usually full, so trash bags are great to fill and then slowly but surely get rid of each week when the trash is picked up.
- A pizza gift card and local takeout menus. When the Mister and I moved, we ordered pizza, got fast food, went to local diners, anything fast and easy, and didn’t require us to scrap the paint flecks off our faces. If you know the neighborhood, it might be nice to include some takeout/delivery menus in the basket. (Not shown).
- And last, but not least, a houseplant. Include something alive! It really makes a house feel more like a home.
In case you would like to make your own housewarming basket, I purchased the Softsoap from Walmart (in the Personal Care section near the body soap) along with the wine opener, wine glasses, and flour sack towels. At less than $2.50 a bottle, Softsoap’s liquid foaming hand wash is perfect for the kitchen and bath bathroom sinks! And at that price it allows you to put your money towards what is really important: a nice bottle of wine!
And there you have a beautiful, thoughtful, and most importantly, useful Housewarming Gift Basket!
Don’t know anyone that’s moving? Pin the below photo to Pinterest and save it for when you do!
- Scarcely-Known Tips for Relieving Chronic Pain in the Neck
- Understanding the Two-Stage Effects of Medical Cannabis
- THCV – The Uncommon Cannabinoid Many People Don’t Know About
- Flamingo Walker Cake Topper
- Say It With Donuts! A Valentine’s Day Recipe!